In 1962, Alex Moulton unveiled his revolutionary small-wheeled, full suspension bicycle. Fifty years and millions of rider miles later, we remain true to the original Moulton principles of small wheels and full suspension for comfort and speed. To mark the Golden Jubilee of our iconic bicycle, we are proud to present the new Moulton Jubilee - small 20” wheels and full suspension for the longest or shortest of rides, on the smoothest or roughest of roads.
Hands down, the Moulton is one of the best riding bikes on the road today. This is due, in large part, to the highly adjustable suspension system. It allows the advantage of strong, rigid wheels in combination with high pressure/low rolling resistance tires, while still providing a more comfortable ride than a conventional bike. The suspension also maintains and improves traction on rough or loose surfaces.
Improvements of the SST over the TSR are as follows:
– Front stirrup dropouts are in stainless steel
– Stirrup block reduced in height to reduce weight, improve appearance
– Dual-rate front suspension spring
– Oversized rear fork pivot bearings – bearing surface increased by 150%
– Vertical dropouts for rear derailleur in stainless steel – with patented cruciform stiffness plates
– Round-tapered chain stays to reduce weight and improve aesthetics
– Lighter rear fork upright tube with new dual-adjustment (height and angle) front derailleur mount
– Chainstay “X-brace” reinforcement, with adjustable mudguard mount
– In-line 31.6 mm seat pillar
The frame-kit weight (frame,fork, seat pillar, headset) is reduced by 250g to c. 4900g. The SST is assembled at “The Hall” in Bradford on Avon.
The SST-22 is a quick, agile, lightweight bike that’s perfectly suited for fast club rides with all your large-wheeled friends, or outfit it with Moulton’s specially designed front and rear racks along with their large Rear Tour Bag and a set of Carradice Super C Universal front panniers, and you’ll be prepared for everyday commuting or long distance adventure touring.
Shimano 105 53/39 crankset, Nitto Noodle 177, 44cm handlebar, Moulton 10-32t, 11-speed wide range cassette.
Shimano 105 GS rear derailleur and Shimano 105 front derailleur, Shimano 105 brake/shift levers, Tektro R539 caliper brakes.
Wheels built with Moulton labeled Sun Ringle 406mm CR18 double-wall rims, Moulton spec Sapim spokes, and Moulton cartridge bearing hubs.
Extremely wide gear range of 22-98 gear inches; weight 22lbs.
Moulton Bicycles are built to order. Lead times can be long at times but the net result is you get exactly what you want. Price does not include saddle or pedals pictured. Call to discuss your dream Moulton.